Units 3 & 4, Trinity Gardens, Bedford, MK40 2BP
Trinity Gardens is a self-contained site comprising of 5 properties and a communal car park. Units 3&4 is a 3 storey, grade II listed commercial property which received full dilapidations and refurbishment works in 2016. This generally comprised; renewal of finishes and M&E throughout, a new VRF system, rebuilding sections of a grade II listed boundary wall and external works.
Townsend and Renaudon were commissioned by the Property Owner to carry out the lead consultant role. We undertook the roles of Designer, Quantity Surveyor and Principal Designer. We managed other consultants working on the project in addition to liaising with the local conservation officer.
- Project Title: Dilapidations and Refurbishment works to Units 3&4, Trinity Gardens, Bedford.
- Project Value: £715,000.00
- Project Period: 3 months
- Procurement Strategy: Traditional with a schedule of works
- Role Undertaken on Project: Quantity Surveyors, Contract Administrator and Principal Designers
- Other Consultants: Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Client: Open House Limited
- Contractor: BC Workspace Ltd.
- Description of work: Dilapidations and Refurbishment works to a 3 storey listed building and rear extension
- Project driver: The requirement to remove the previous tenant’s alterations and return the building into a condition fit for attracting a new tenant