Therapy Unit at the Douglas Macmillan Hospice
As a Charitable organisation The Douglas Macmillan Hospice is always working on finite finances. As a result cost control of their projects is extremely important.
By adopting the latest cost control and stringent cost monitoring processes throughout the design and construction stages, including VM and early costing of variations similar to that required by NEC forms of contract and the provision of estimate updates and regular financial statements we have been as part of the team responsible for bringing a number of contracts for the Douglas Macmillan Hospice to a successful financial close. We are currently working towards the same aim with this contract
- Client: Douglas Macmillan
- Quantity Surveyor: Townsend and Renaudon
- Architects: Forshaw Greaves & Partners
- Structural Engineer: Shepherd Gilmour
- Services Engineer: Stanton Consulting Engineers
- Contract Type: JCT Traditional
- Project Value: £1.1M
- Contract period: 36 weeks
- Works: The Works comprise the construction of a new two storey Therapy Centre together with alterations to adjacent Daycare Centre together with associated drainage works, external pavings and landscaping.