Refurbishment of a steel framed, brick clad two-storey commercial building in Leek, Staffordshire
Scabetti Limited are an internationally renowned company specialising in light fixtures and fittings typically using ceramic materials and glassware to create visually stunning designs.
In line with the company’s growth and future plans we were approached to provide a new design studio within a former furniture factory which needed updating to improve the thermal elements and Mechanical and Electrical installations to provide a light and airy design area together with office and storage facilities.
- Project Title: Repair and upgrade works to create accommodation for Scabetti Limited
- Scheme Budget £ 210,000.00
- Project Period 18 weeks
- Procurement Strategy Traditional with a quantified schedule of works
- Role Undertaken on Project Project Managers, Contract Administrators, Quantity Surveyors and Principal Designers
- Other Consultants Hewitt & Carr Architects, Aspin Group Structural Engineers
- Client Scabetti Limited
- Contractor Broadstaff Limited
- Description of work Refurbishment of a former furniture factory including insulated roof, new windows, doors and insulation to existing walls and ground floor to create offices, design studio, welfare facilities and storage facilities
- Project driver A larger premises for an international lighting design company