Fast-Track Internal and External Refurbishment of Sandon Primary School
A typical 1950’s school earmarked for demolition and in need of extensive modernisation throughout.
Phase 1 was the high paced complete internal refurbishment of every square inch of the larger than average primary school during the school holiday. Exceeding expectations the school was opened on time.
Phase 2 was facelift works to all elevations with the application of render and cedar boarding.
The works were a huge success and have made a positive impact both upon learning and the morale of the local community.
- Project Title: Fast Track Internal and External Refurbishment
- Scheme Budget £1.2m (overall)
- Project Period 8 weeks (Internal) 16 weeks (External)
- Procurement Strategy Measured Term Contract
- Role Undertaken on Project Quantity Surveying, Project Management, CDMC
- Other Consultants Perrins Design Associates
- Client Stoke on Trent City Council
- Contractor Kier Stoke
- Description of work Dry lining of all internal fair faced walls, installation of new industrial kitchen, new carpets throughout, new doors, decorations, new windows.
- Render and cedar boarding to all elevations
- Project driver Mandate for Change – Below standard provision