Location Project Acorn, Highgate, Stoke-on-Trent
The project involves the phased construction of 14,000 m2 of retail and ancillary building space and is located on land occupied by a former tile works. The enabling works contracts includes the diversion of deep drainage and high voltage power cables, ground stabilisation works and the construction of a ten meter deep contiguous pile retaining wall.
The proposed procurement method was devised with the idea to achieve the best tender returns while exposing the Client to the minimum risk. A scheme risk analysis was produced by Townsend and Renaudon as the feasibility stage proceeded.
A detailed cost plan was produced and throughout the development stage was reviewed and tested which gave the client the confidence to enter into and conclude negotiations for the sale of part of the site to a key retailer. This project is ongoing.
- Project Title: Project Acorn, Highgate, Stoke-on-Trent
- Scheme Budget: Overall £18 million
- Project Period: 2 years
- Procurement Strategy: Units constructed via design and build approach with a separate lump sum enabling works contract.
- Role Undertaken on Project: Quantity Surveyor
- Other Consultants: Corstophine & Wright Jubb Consulting Engineers
- Client: Norcros Estates Ltd.
- Client Contact: Project Manager
- Client Users: Morrisons and others tba
- Contractor: Not yet appointed
- Description of work: Retail park development