Proposed Two Storey, 4 Classroom, Modular Block at John Taylor High School
The school had secured some additional funding to provide a further teaching block, due to the success of a previous project on the site with the same contractor, it was decided that we would pursue a modular form of construction.
Due to the limited space on the area of the site it was decided to provide a two storey building, comprising 4 no classrooms.
The project was procured using a JCT Design and Build Contract and took around 8 months to complete including tender, planning and construction periods.
- Project Title: Proposed Two Storey, 4 Classroom, Modular Block
- Scheme Budget: £370,000
- Project Period: 3 Months
- Procurement Strategy: Design and Build
- Role Undertaken on Project: Quantity Surveyor/Employers Agent/CDM Coordinator
- Client: John Taylor High School
- Contractor: Wernick Buildings Limited
- Description of work: The construction of a two storey, modular building, containing 4 no. additional classrooms, finished in render and softwood cladding
- Project driver: Provision of specialist teaching accommodation.