At Townsend and Renaudon we consider Facility Management (or FM) to be an interdisciplinary field devoted to the coordination of space, infrastructure, people and organisation, often associated with the administration of office blocks, arenas, schools, convention centres, shopping complexes, hospitals, hotels, etc.
What we can offer in terms of expertise is:
- Preparation of condition surveys to enable a priorities programme to be established for the carrying out of building maintenance works;
- Procure and project manage any works leading from the above;
- Establish and procure emergency / reactive works programmes and contracts;
- Establish, procure and manage planned maintenance programs for buildings together with estimating likely whole life costs;
- Establish and manage a program of cyclical testing and inspection for a building;
- Undertake disabled access assessment / audits;
- Undertake fire audit and security assessments of buildings;
- Undertake space usage audits, enabling senior managers to make informed decisions;
- Provide the management of maintenance measured term and day work based contracts;
- Organisation of and procurement of cleaning, ground maintenance etc. contracts;
- Undertake dilapidation appraisals for buildings nearing the ends of their leases.
The facilities management service we provide is never the same for two clients, often we are appointed to undertake one aspect of work only. We believe we provide a flexible service and are often appointed to provide assistance to an existing client’s team.