Project Case Study: Vertical Extension
Due to the continued growth of the company additional space was required to house new administration staff within an iconic building.
Happy with the current building layout, and mindful of land utilisation it was decided to undertake a vertical extension matching that of the existing.
Careful programming ensured that the works could be undertaken with the floors below fully occupied minimising disruption to a busy operation.
- Project Title: Extension of Executive Office
- Scheme Budget: £4.6 million
- Project Period: 18 months
- Procurement Strategy: JCT 2011 with Contractor’s Design – Two Stage Tender
- Role Undertaken on Project: Quantity Surveyor
- Client: JCB
- Contractor: Vinci Construction
- Description of work: Complex additional storey added to existing control office core
- Project driver: Expansion